Travel to Casa and then Home to Doha


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Grand Casablanca » Casablanca
January 1st 2012
Published: June 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Dropped the rental car in Marrakech - it was relatively hassle free, after we found the car rental place hidden inside a petrol shop inside a back alley inside a hidden area of the new town ... but hey! That's what travel is about eh? We would never have found the place based on the map point given to us by the rental guy in Fez. We should have used a GPS ... but we used the higher tech method of asking knowledgeable locals. The trick is to find the one person with the right knowledge and ignore the 15 other very helpful locals who point you in the wrong direction because they don't want to offend you by saying they don't know what you're asking about! Not much different than a GPS that wants to take you on all the local grid roads, but the humans show body language which is sometimes easier to read.

Anyway ... We left Marrakech by train to Casa in time to catch our flight back to Doha. Interesting point about the Casa airport - it's ISO certified ... which ever ISO standards you care to believe ... and as you can see, there is a smoking lounge that is separated from the rest of the airport, except for the smoke. Since there's no barrier to stop the smoke getting out, the rest of the departures lounge gets to enjoy the smoky atmosphere that's normally exclusively reserved for the smokers. Yup! It's ISO certified that they proudly adhere to documented standards.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb