Saying Goodbye To Morocco


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Grand Casablanca » Casablanca
February 17th 2012
Published: February 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we are saying our farewells to Morocco and flying to Egypt, landing in Cairo.

From El Jadida the road is a dual lane freeway to Casablanca. A toll even needs to be paid a nice change to all the other roads driven on in Morocco. We find a petrol station, find the airport and find where to drop off our car. All without too much drama for a change.

The people and the officials are so friendly at the airport, although I am a little bit sick of hearing the word Kangaroo. When we go through all the checks, and there is quite a few, they just give us a smile and wave us through. I guess there is not a lot of Australian terrorists.

We are flying Air Maroc not probably one of the most recognized brands cruising the skies. Booked on the internet two days ago $274 each and the plane is full. A bus arrives to take us to board the plane, where we have to wait while they fix a technical fault. As Natarsha says, it is better fixed while we are on the ground. The plane does make it off the ground, after a lot of shaking, vibrating and praying.

Saying goodbye to Morocco I will miss crazy drivers, boys playing soccer in the dirt, bread rolls, brown eyes, laughing children, date palms, olives, snow capped mountains, endless sand hills, sooks selling everything, touts touting everything, Natarsha’s compliments, Kathy’s sales pitches, men drinking coffee, the call to prayer, mischievous ladies eyes, cute girls, delicious coffee, ancient cities and smiling faces.
(Possibly the most boring blog of all time).

Advertisement



19th February 2012

menus and travel tips
Hi travelers sounds like your tastebuds have expanded wer,e still eating boring old tender lamb or chicken .iv,e got a nine year old dorset ram that i,ll butcher for you but i won,t come for dinner when you cook it.Tarsha sounds like a female indiana jones ,jamie has never looked better .keep bloging cause we,re still reading bye.
23rd February 2012

egyptian food
food abit bland here. kathy had runs this am but fine now. that only sickness so far. looking forward to t bone when we get home. the beard gone now at a cost. 70 egptian pounds. sucked in again!

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb