Arrival


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius
April 29th 2009
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -20.2554, 57.5517

We survived the arduous plane journey but were still a bit the worse for wear. Were pleasantly suprised upon arrival in Mauritius. The guest house I booked was literally right on the water, just a rock wall between our room and the Indian Ocean. From our bright and breezy room we could see fishing boats moored in the bay, several islands, a lighthouse and surf breaks rolling over distant reefs. In the morning from the breakfast room we watched as the fisherman rowed their boats towards the rising sun. Our hosts at the guest house were happy and friendly as were the people we passed in the town, many of them greeting us with a "Bonjour" and a smile. The people were very beautiful to look at and many of the women stunning. The landscape and vegetation was reminiscent of Fiji or Tonga in fact alot of things were. The food was awesome, an interesting mix of Indian and French, amazing curries and great seafood.. And all this in 24 hours. I fell in love with the place straight away and am was looking forward to going back there in another 5 weeks for a week of rest and relaxation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 8; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb