honeymoon


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius
September 21st 2007
Published: September 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Had an amazing ten days in mauritius chilling out to the max. We were so tired and emotional for the first few days I can hardly even remember it but I think it's fair to say we have never encountered such luxury before. They actually didn't let you lift a finger, to the point where it was quite embarassing. The food was brilliant big massive buffets every night and we had a romantic candlelight dinner on the last night which was very special. Whole resort was lovely, totally tailored for couples with wee private spots and four poster beds looking out to sea around the beach and stuff - amazing. We did alot of the free watersports put on for us -wake boarding - which sparks could do immediatley because he is annoying like that - water skiing, amazing snorkelling with loads of tropical fish, a catamaran cruise over to an island, laser sailing -all class.

Outside of the resort is the real Mauritius, basically a third world country. We walked along the coast one day and met a guy who was trying to convince us to get on his wee fishing boat for a trip, we declined but had
hmoon 1hmoon 1hmoon 1

full of rum on rajoo's boat - seawife - with some germans
a bit of chat with him and ended up going for a drink with him. 2 bottles of rum later ?! whooft, and we are out on Seawife (his boat) with some random Germans and our new pal Rajoo. He completely changed our whole experience of Mauritius and I will be eternally grateful for his hospitality. We went to his house, he gave us travel tips for India because he has travlled there and ended up picking us up in his friends car and driving us to the other side of the island to go to his pal's recording studio?!! He knew we were in to music and thought we'd enjoy it -brilliant. So we listened to some reggae and Seggae which is cross between traditional mauritian music and reggae and hung out with him, his son and their friends. Funny enough none of these experiences were offered at Paradise Cove.

After ten days lording it I was ready to move on but will defo go back to Mauritius and do it differently next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

hmoon 4hmoon 4
hmoon 4

bed in paradise cove
hmoon 7hmoon 7
hmoon 7

in shy's recording studio - most pleased with ourselves!
hmoon 9hmoon 9
hmoon 9

rajoo the legend


Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb