Rest and relaxation


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Northern » Mzuzu
June 14th 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

BeachBeachBeach

The beach was beautiful as you can see. We had a very enjoyable day relaxing here
We have been enjoying two days of rest. Yesterday (Friday) we went to the beach, it was truly the most beautiful beach we have ever seen, we wanted to stay there but the people we are staying with prefer it if we return back to base but that's fine by us. On the journey there we stopped off at a place where there were lots of wood carvings for us to buy as well as pictures and other gifts to take home. We did lots of bartering with the people selling the goods and, on one occasion, managed to buy a picture by handing over a small sum of money and a pair of shorts! Our meal last night was in a hotel. We have to be in by 10 pm, it is not allowed to be out on the streets after that time of night.
Today we are having a free day and started by having a long lie in which was much needed. Its a little sunnier today, really the weather has not been quite what we imagined, maybe that was a good thing when we were busy doing the hard physical work at the school.
The people are
GirlsGirlsGirls

Some of the girls sitting on the beach!
very friendly and many want to make friends with us, get our addresses to write to us or for us to send things back to them, not just the children, the adults want to get to know us too.
Tomorrow (Sunday) we are going to join the community at church, the service is from 8 am to 10 am, we are looking forward to that as the gospel singing is really lovely, the people are really enthusiastic with their singing. Our host Rev. Levi Nyondo will be leading the service.
Sorry we are not able to bring you pictures of our visit, the connection is not strong enough for us to be able to download photographs, there will be lots for you to see when we return.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

BoysBoys
Boys

Some of the boys sitting by the bar.
Human PyramidHuman Pyramid
Human Pyramid

We had a lot of fun attempting to build a human pyramid...a great way to relax after a very busy week!


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb