Team Russia's Newest Recruit


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Central
July 7th 2009
Published: July 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

PopsPopsPops

Team Russia's New Recruit

Team Russia's Newest Recruit



Today we are proud to announce the newest member of our team...

This is Pops...and he's a monkey!! Pops was rescued, only a week old, on the side of the road in Salima, Malawi. He arrived at the Centre the day after Coco, very distressed, and he took to his bottle immediately. He is now quite a greedy little guy and calls for his bottle as soon as he thinks he might be starting to feel hungry! Pops is very independent and doesn't really like being cuddled, although he does not move too far away from his carer. He adores his big adopted brother Coco and always goes to sleep holding his teddy with one arm and Coco with the other. Pops is not used to strangers, though, and will go to his carer if anyone else comes into the room. Unlike Coco, Pops hates water; he is in fact the only monkey ever not to enjoy his bath. . Pops is to move with Coco and a new friend Mik to the Centre where they shall begin their new life. Here their carers will start helping and preparing them for being returned to the wild in 2010.

We are very happy to welcome Pops to Team Russia!! We lovee him!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb