From Kande Beach to Malawi's Capitol, Lilongwe


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Central » Lilongwe
May 22nd 2010
Published: May 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

May 22nd

Another great morning in the Malawian paradise, I passed up the chance to go scuba diving with Justin but still woke up early. The six of us got our things together and staked out our places in the truck. Farron then drove the truck over to the other camp and loaded up their belongings before they walked over to our site to get on the truck. Everyone was cheery and ready to experience the African Trails truck, we were proud to show it to them.

We headed down the road and gawked at the scenery that Malawi offers, I played DJ and was complimented later on the songs I chose, ☺! About an hour into the drive, Louise, a passenger with the Dragoman tour realized that she had left her passport at Kande Beach. It meant we were able to make a stop in a small village and get some snacks and take some pictures, while they got a bus back to the beach and pick it up.

A few hours later we arrived in Lilongwe and our first stop was the grocery store. Dragoman were cooking dinner for us that evening so they got their shopping done while the rest of us picked up lunch. I hung around the truck and read after a quick walk around the area.

After regrouping we headed to Mabuya Camp, where we were to to stay the night before heading to Zambia the next day. The Dragoman group would stay there and wait for their repaired truck to show up or rent a bus to take them to Livingstone, Zambia.

That afternoon the group of us hung around by the pool chatting or using the internet. We got to know some of the other travelers and have a laugh. A few of us put a plan together, we decided to watch the Champions League Final of Inter Milan versus Bayern Munchen and then afterwards go dancing. We had a great dinner that the Dragoman crew made and were left very impressed with their organization. Post dinner the plan went accordingly and Farron, Erica, Emily, James, Dave and I went to a dance club.

We had a good time there but unfortunately I didn’t take my camera, sorry! We made it back to camp late and jumped in our tents to end the night on a good note. There was a long drive ahead of us the next day, about 5-6 hours to make it to the South Luangua National Park in Zambia.

Hope you like the pics! Pura Vida and Hakuna Matata!

-Brendan





Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



6th June 2010
5-Always waving

I LOVE this pic!!!

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb