In Madagascar!! ...finally...


Advertisement
Madagascar's flag
Africa » Madagascar
March 30th 2007
Published: March 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We finally made it!!!

We got to our hotel at about 1o'clock this morning after about 35 hours travelling. Our flight from Heathrow was delqyed for a couple of hours so we got to hqng out in a stuffy non-airconditioned departure gqte thing for ages before the plane was fixed qnd we could go.

The flight was alright and we got to Mauritius (which is absolutely stunning!!) at 8 in the morning; so pip and I were hqppy thqt our 9 hour or so wait for the flight was now under 8.

Through our long day wait we watcxhed ppl come and go while we sat on a bench tired qnd hungry and bored.

At 3 our plane hadnt arrived yet even tho we were supposed to be boarding soon and we got told our seat numbers had changed and the flight was going to be about half an hour late. Got q little drink fro, the airline and settled back down to wait with some new friends we,d picked up on the way. Our new time came and went and we still had no plane, and no one knew zhere it was or how lonjg it would be.

At 5 30 we got a free dinner ticket which was deeeeeelicious yum yum (not) and at about 7 30 they told us the plane would be coming for 8 50. With another seat change.

At 8 50 we hopped on the packed plane which was boiling and were told we were going to be stopping at La Reunion before Madagascar. The plane started up to leave... but went nowhere.

At 9 50 we sweated our way away from Madagascar and got to Reunion at about half 10. Reunion folk got off and we had to refuel. Sweated some more waiting to leave...

At 11 30 more ppl got on the plane and we left for Madagascar. Pippa got chatted up by some creepy old men speaking French... it zas hilarious!!!

Finally got to our hotel at 1 (local time) in the back of some beaten up old cab. This country is q little overwhelming. Driving is qppalling!! Will post ,ore lqter when i have time and can figure out the keyboards some more 😉.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb