Day 9


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya
July 5th 2011
Published: July 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Went on an excursion to help shoot an educational movie on an agricultural development at a nearby farm. I had the pleasure of meeting Peter, a retired government employee, the minister of agriculture and the District officer. The chief was also present. While there, I invited the minister to our project in July when we will have our new organic farming project underway. By the time I was done, it was too late to say goodbye to the kids but I did manage to say goodbye to teachers and a few kids. Kathy came across 60 extra finger puppets which we distributed to the children that waved to us everyday on the way to the school. They were delighted with the puppets. Daniel finished the living fence with the Form 1 kids and Helene finished planting a section of garden. Todd and Cristelle met with Charles and the Chief and negotiated a new bond between them for future work. They have both been extremely successful in working out a new system of administration and proceedings at the school that will make it more efficient. Kathy got to ride a boda boda for a few kms with Emma to get some more material for the sewing class. Helene and Daniel bought a box to store all the sewing items in. Skipping ropes and other odds and ends were distributed. Goodbye Bumala.

Tim

Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb