Masai Mara National Park and Masai Tribe


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Masai Mara NP
September 2nd 2008
Published: September 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello Peeps,

Just a quick hello from just outside Nairobi, Kenya. We've been on safari for the past 3 days in the Masai Mara game reserve in south west Kenya. We camped on the edge of the reserve and our tent was on the edge of the camp looking out across the reserve and fresh elephant poo was found a couple of hundred yards away from our camp which was a bit scary but pretty good.

We managed to catch a couple of lions mating about 15 feet from us and I filmed it, which made me feel a bit dirty and wrong but it's all good. We were just a few feet from a cheetah eating its prey munching away at a fresh wilder beast before the vultures were circling and came down to finish off the carcass jjust a few feet away. It's all a bit david attenborough so sorry about that but it was shit hot.

Went off to see a rurakl masai village tribe as well where they did a tribal dance (probably saying get off our land white trash) and invited us into the village to walk on cow poo in flip flops. That was nice.

Anyway, sorry for the long ramble, just done a fair bit in a couple of days already, the rest won't be like this.

Jambo Jambo!!!!!

Ian and Lizzie
x


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Pumba!!!Pumba!!!
Pumba!!!

Or as Lizzie said "LOOK! PIG IN A FIELD!!!"
Masai MorgsMasai Morgs
Masai Morgs

The hat's made with the fur of the lion I hunted in order to protect the group. Fact.


7th September 2008

DID IT SMELL ANYTHING LIKE THE POO ON THE HILL IN ALCUDIA? DID YOU EVER GET IT OFF YOUR HAND?
11th September 2008

Masai Village Tribe
Morgs sounds like your having a good time, I am sure we have a few of those tribes here in North Notts though. Sandhurst away sounds a carbon copy. The poo thing reminds me of playing at dogshit park in Basford on a sunday morning, nothing better than sliding through it and getting it all over you. Enjoy your trip and look forward to further reports ! Bally

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0991s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb