Lake Nakuru


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Lake Nakuru NP
September 7th 2008
Published: September 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well another amazing start to the day we had a game drive through Amboseli and took some really close up shots of Giraffes and Elephants, and another 8hr drive to Lake Nakuru. As soon as we entered the park we saw hundreds of Baboons and Rhinos grazing right next to the track, you could practically touch them. WOW again... On the way up to the lodge we asked why was the majority of the edge of the lake all pink in the distance, and our guide (James) said they were flamingos, 1000s of them all live on the lake. well that was it... thought Vic was going to have kittens, but we had to wait until our game drive.

Lake Nakuru lodge was amazing not quite as personal as the camp site but still amazing, again we were greeted with a hot flannel and cold drink and as we walked to our room to be checked in, we looked across in the field next to us and saw Water Buffalo and Zebras grazing, more piccies....The landscape here is much greener and the climate more humid because we are at a much higher altitude than Amboseli.

We had another freshen up before our evening game drive when we saw some Rhinos, our guide kept asking us if we wanted to take pictures "No"said Vic, piccies of Giraffes "No"said Vic, piccies of Elephants "No" said Vic, James was confused "what is the matter" he said? "Take me to the Flamingo's please"Vic said. "Aaaaaaagh OK we go flamingo's" our guide (James) said...

WOW... Flamingo's as far as the eye could see making a weird grunting noise, again Matt thought he could talk Flamingo...not. And we got some amazing pictures of Pelicans, Eagles, Vultures, Storks and something called an Ibis, Matt no thinks he is a photographer lying down in the mud and trying to take bird in flight shots (So Vic humours him a little). We headed back to our hotel had a great meal and prepared for another lojng drive to spend a couple of more relaxing nights in the Masia Mara/Serengetti National Nark.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb