Drunk=High


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province
January 28th 2014
Published: June 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Another morning with a stiff back, Speck is having terrible disagreements with Janet's mattress. Attempted solution is to scrounge a different mattress that is much softer. Breakfast introduces Speck to Kenyan pancakes, which are like thick crepes, like chapati and a pancake had a baby. Around 1 Speck, Caroline and Junior catch a city bus to see Mama Jo, aka Caroline and Junior's Aunt Margaret. Also there is Karen, the 7 year old toothless scholar, and her mama and little brother Jackie and Keegan. They visit, have dinner, Speck learns that Caroline knows how to make chapati, the Kenyan tortilla that Speck really likes. After dark they catch a Nissan, a minivan/ bus that is driven with wild abandon while thumping music plays and the money collector hangs out the open door while traversing the most pot holed road Speck has ever seen, all the while yelling at passersby encouraging them to board this death trap sardine can. It was a lot of fun.

That night Speck and Junior hung out at Eden again and met up with Junior's Uncle Antony Minor. Dude was high, which Speck learned is Kenyan for drunk, not necessarily using drugs. About 10:30 they returned home and found Caroline the only person still up.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb