Finally in Kenya!


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province
April 9th 2008
Published: April 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

In the Nashville airportIn the Nashville airportIn the Nashville airport

Looking at pictures of Kenya on the wall in the Nashville airport.
Hello from Kenya! We travelled a long way yesterday. We went from Nashville to Detroit, Detroit to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Kenya. The trip itself was very enjoyable, as we each had our own personal TV with movies, games, and music. We also did sleep a little bit.

Once we arrived in Nairobi, we were met by 2 men from the Hospital: James and Stanley. They were in town for a hospital conference doing talks on Malaria treatment, prevention, etc. Therefore, we will be staying in Nairobi today as they attend the conference, and we will ride back to Maua with them tomorrow (Thursday). This means we get a day in Nairobi to look around, which is something we were not expecting. It also means we get to stay another night at the Methdist Guest House, which is a very nice facility with wireless internet😊. Today we plan to go see the giraffes and elephants (2 parks in Nairobi), and I will post pictures of that tomorrow.

Ivy has met us this morning in the hotel lobby! It is so good to see a familiar face (she was one of our friends at St. Peters in Bellevue before moving back
In DetroitIn DetroitIn Detroit

Walking through the crazy tunnel in the Detroit airport. I felt like I was in a dream, listening to the loud spa-like music, and walking through the corridor of lights!
to Nairobi, where she is from). She is having us over for dinner tonight, where we will be able to see her daughter and catch up!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Amsterdam AirportAmsterdam Airport
Amsterdam Airport

I had an egg biscuit from MacDonalds for 5.50 Euro, about $9.95! It was really expensive, and the coffee was very strong!! I had to get a pic of Tony with the funky designs behind him.
Methodist Guest HouseMethodist Guest House
Methodist Guest House

Our room, complete with mosquito netting, at the Methodist Guest House. Tony says the mosquitoes aren't nearly as bad as he remembers from 2005.
Nairobi sunriseNairobi sunrise
Nairobi sunrise

A beautiful sunrise, as seen from our room.


9th April 2008

I'm glad you made it to Kenya safely
Our thoughts and prayers have been with you both during the past couple of days as you have been traveling and beginning your adventures in Kenya. We will continue to pray that you both have a blessed and life changing experience and that those you meet in Kenya will be blessed by you. We miss you both.
9th April 2008

Super!
Super!!! You guys look tired in your pictures man wow! :D Have fun guys and be safe, Joseph
12th April 2008

I'm so glad you two made it there safely! I'm sorry I didn't get to see you before you left but you are both in my thoughts and prays as you are on this adventure. I hope things continue to go well for you and say hi to Ivy and Chiru for me! Have fun and be safe! -Jessica

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb