Things not to say during taking off: “Can you smell petrol?”


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
October 25th 2008
Published: May 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Kenya


Kirstyn sat next to Captain Paranoid from Mumbasa and Jas had the reassuring lady off to visit family in Nairobi giving him sound travel advice: “Don’t worry they’ll just take your things here. They won’t kill you for it like they do in Johanessburg.” Great, we were due to land in Nairobi in four hours and we had $5000US strapped to our bodies!

The que for our visa in Nairobi was horrendous but we met two northern English characters who, unaware to us at the time were booked on the same tour. These guys, Hannah and Steve would become the legends of our tour….full of fun and always full of grog! Got into our accomodation in Nairobi in the morning and spent the day resting in our hotel. We’d say we were very tired and recovering from the Clancy ordeal and flight but the real reason was fear of being robbed of our wad of cash if we set foot outside!

We headed off the next day on a tour of the Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Centre and Boma Village. Had pre-departure meeting that night followed by venturing out into Nairobi to find a restaurant. Safety in numbers prevailed and we made it back to our hotel with our cash intact!

The next day was the start of our tour….starting off with a huge driving day, made even longer by the traffic in Nairobi as a result of the annual marathon and an introduction to Kenyan roadworks. Crossed the border into Tanzania ready to begin the real portion of our African Safari.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.314s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 100; dbt: 0.1213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb