Christmas Vacation in Kenya - Day 3


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
December 16th 2007
Published: December 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrival & Jet Lag Recovery


Jomo Kenyatta International Airport: Finally arrived around 7 AM on Saturday. Filled out visa and entry forms then proceeded to baggage claim. It took seemingly forever, but finally got all our luggage. Loretta was waiting and glad to see us. Had a local helper load our luggage into a separate van to transport to her house.

We caught up on family happenings as we traveled the streets of Nairobi. After arriving and unloading luggage, we had a nice lunch on her patio. Jet lag was starting to seriously kick in, so we decided to go to town to exchange currency. However, we didn't get more than 1/2 mile from the house before getting caught in a major traffic jam. Turned around to return but had tough time getting past others in the same predicament! Spent the rest of the afternoon at the house and visiting neighbors.

Got word that the traffic jam had dissipated in early evening, so we ventured out to exchange currency at a small group of shops. We then went to a nearby Village Market shopping area, looked around some, then had something to eat at their food court.

We canceled remainder of evening plans due to us being extremely tired. However, being up most of the day helped (supposedly!).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb