Farewell St Jude


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
June 16th 2007
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

First of all, for the keen eyed amongst you, you may have noticed a slight change of location. Yes we have left St Jude's and are currently in Nairobi, Kenya about to head off on another adventure.

As Big Brother would say (yes we are a bit TV deprived) "It's time to go...". After 6 months we have decided to end our St Jude's experience and head back to reality TV and Marks and Spencers. Like everything in life, even St Jude had many sides to its personality, and we decided that we no longer wanted to be a part of this particular congregation! We hope that in the past 6 months we have made a small but lasting contribution to both the 'school' and 'business' that is St Jude's. Our hope is that the 'school' of St Jude's becomes more of a focus than the 'business' of St Jude's.

Despite a challenging 6 months, we have left with extremely happy memories of our time with the children, teachers, local people and of Tanzania. It has been an experience that we will never forget, and are very grateful to have had. We will certainly never forget the beautiful faces of the children that loved coming to school everyday.

So what next?
We are now in Nairobi heading off on a 2 week trip through Kenya and Uganda with the ultimate aim of spending a few hours with the Mountain Gorillas. We are then heading back to the UK for summer, TV, and Marks & Spencers food, before returning to Africa at the end of August to meet my Mum, Allan and Louise where we will do an overland trip from Nairobi, through Malawi to Victoria Falls. And then Rachel and I head onto Capetown via, Victoria Falls, Namibia and Botswana. We will return again to the UK at the end of September.

Bye for now

Rachel & Simon.

Advertisement



18th June 2007

CAPE TOWN
WHEN ARE YOU GUYS IN CAPE TOWN? I CAN SET YOU UP WITH A FEW IDEAS ETC DROP ME A LINE AT ANTHONY.ROUS@ANZ.CCAMATIL.COM CHEERS ANTHONY
30th June 2007

Hello from Kenya
Hi Rachel and Simon. My name is PJ and I work with your mum back in Sydney. I'm in Kisumu in Kenya at the moment, so if you are coming through here give me a call on 0729 973 679. How did you go getting permits to see the gorillas - did you do a tour - if so which one? Thanks PJ -

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb