Hakuna Lala Make Lloyd Choka Sana


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province » Mombasa
April 2nd 2007
Published: April 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ill let you work what that means for your self. Hope you are all well. Looking forward mildly to the prospect of coming home Sunday, although not all that much.
Imraan and Andy have now gone, on me own in the room for a week which is oright, nice to enjoy 2 fans to myself. But besides the point, just four short days remaining at Dicksons now, and it seems imminent to come home now, but not all too bad, its a weird feeling, it does feel soon but i still feel i have so much more time here and so much more to do.
Very very tired after a weekend of late nights and early mornings (if only because of the annoying Potato seller down our alley- (MIAZZI MIAZZI- SHUT UP!!!). Went to four different places- New Florida, Fontanellas, Bobs Bar and Whitesands on Saturday then last night Casablancas. Much hilarity occured many times.
Best thing all weekend defintely Andy and Anna singing Careless whisper in whitesands Karaoke. Either that or Andy doing wrestling moves on the beach. Or maybe Andy doing his Pingu impression.Basically just andy.
Hilarity seems to follow him around.
But anyway, it was class every night, New Florida was excellent bar, cheeeziest music ive heard here, and cheeeziest prositutes too. Not cheezy, just bad. Dancing to wham was a highlight. And andy when he pushed a 'lonely' prostitute into the circle of Mzungus that we were.

Oh the joy.

Saturday was besat fun imo, you simply can't beat bad music and bad singing, a quality combination. I was quite happy to watch from the sidelines, i dont think i could have topped Andys masterpiece, and plus they didn't have any Dylan. A Bunch of camp guys didn't approve of Andrews take on this 80-s smash electro-pop hit however, and hurled abuse such as 'your killing it' and so on at them. Andy promptly responded by telling them a dud note they did 'hasn't gone unnoticed'
Yeah. So anyway after that we went and watched his wrestling masterclass, you can check out his myspace if u can somehow find it. Its east devon wrestling assocation or something. Anyway twas much fun to observe, even more so when seeing how he looked much like an old man with the white sand in his hair.
Anyway back to soemthing more cultural, saturday day we had a gander down the old town. Not a patch on the wandering streets of Lamu but not without its charms. Found a nice cwoifee shop and just gnerally meandered for the morning. Nout like a saturday morning afternoon nap, interuppted by watching football and going to blue room for one last sentimental Tikka and rice. Sniff..

Also we did some top-shopping down this one alley which sells basically kikoys and thats it(they r like sarongs but just material.) Like 2 quid each.Bergin.

Dicksons has been a mixture of greeat fun and weird feeling of imminence and approaching end of my wonderful time here. Doesn't feel like i am going in three days. But it does feel like hav little left to give @ dicksons, as much as i have enjoyed it and i know i have made a difference, i think the timee is pretty much up now. Not so much from my perspeective but theres things which are more political and infrastructural which i cant alter but are nonetheless frustrating.
We are going to take all th kids to Pirates beach on friday which should be great fun, i can't wait.

Today was nice, and yestrday come to fink about it, getting loooads of good photos of thee kids, videeos too, i have nearly useed up my 2 gb card signe gave me which is quite extraordinary. Most of them aree videos of me and Imraan screaming like a crow or Andrew impersonating pingu but whatya gonna do.

Just camee here straight from trading loads of clothes down the tourist alley, was quite fun, got a hole bunch of crud i dont need but who cares. Nice to rid myself of clothes, i might actually not explode my suitcase now. If anyone wants a kikoy, just messagee me and ill get one, they are seriously awsome, i can get soft or thin ones, both are good and around 2 quid. Honest though they are nice.

Anyway, i betteer bee off. I need Lala(sleep) although i will probably end up going to the cinema. Meh

Tutaonana



Advertisement



3rd April 2007

You time is up mate
Plenty of happy party people waiting to hear your tales of fun and adventure, hopefully with a bitta culture thrown in. So you made it happen and it turned out good..can't wait to see you me darlin love ya lots ..your very proud Mum xx
4th April 2007

cant wait to see you and all your photos
yet more fantastic writings from you lloyd we're all really looking forward to seeing your videos and pics but most of all you .You've done yourself proud my boy and who knows what tomorrow will bring have a safe relaxing flight home lots luv xxx
4th April 2007

sorry
Dearest Lloyd Firstly I am very sorry for not keeping in touch until now, it's all been a bit hectic really! i hope you got one of my first messages i think it was sent as a personal one? The work that you are doing and have achieved is something that we can all look up to and admire. Although I am only now being updated on the Kenya expedition my thoughts and love have been with you all the way through... At times this term in bristol I have been fed up with things but i will always remember reading one of your first blogs with a shiver down my spine as you told a story of a boys smile... laughter makes the world go around!!!!! P.S. a cold, delightful and thirst quenching bottle of brahma awaits you and your stories in my fridge love and RESPECT ALWAYS.... KRIS!!!!! ;)
5th April 2007

All good things come to an end
Yes, I'm sitting up! Seems like only yesterday we were chattin about your worries of flying out to Kenya. I'm sure after such a rewarding three months your worries of flying back home are of a different sort!!?? I shall miss reading your weekly blogs of peeing and partying, travelling and Tuskers.........and more Tuskers! I'm sure you will find it hard to say goodbye to the likes of little Mosa and Mwangi, but just think of the memories they now have to cherish. We (Suheil and I) are so proud of you, the compassion you have shown to those who are born into a life of poverty takes a special kind of person. One well-known Arabic proverb says "your good deeds will never be lost", that I'm sure you know is true, because your memories of the good work you have done with the children will stay with them forever. We're also proud of your ability to adapt to another culture so quickly, it took you no time at all to get used to those Tuskers!!! So sorry I wasn't able to make it to Mombasa to share your adventure, ol' age is a bugger. We'll plan something together for the not too distant future. Safe trip home my darlin', I'm sure there'll be lots of beer flowing in Baglan........maybe not Tuskers, but I'm sure you'll get over that in a hurry! Love you lots xxx

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb