Mt.Kenya Preparations and Journey to the Beginning- Day 3


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Central Province » Mt. Kenya
August 20th 2009
Published: August 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We all have especially anticipated this moment in the Kenya expedition. The physical challenge of the trip which afterwards had changed me as a person and is one adventure that I made through and probably will remember for the rest of my life. It was dreadfully painful yet amazing. We prepared our travel packs and days sacks and headed out on the buses with Tom and his partner driver, Kamal. We made a few stops along the way for groceries, bathroom breaks, buying coke, and my bus broke down at one point so we had to stop at a gas station to get the engine sprayed with a special liquid so that the bus wouldnt burst into flames. Soon after a "wonderful" six hour trip we finally made it to the blue line hotel which was the base of Mt.Kenya. We were all given hotel rooms to share and we ordered up some dinner since we all hadn't had a decent meal since breakfast. After dinner and a half hour of relaxtion we were all called for a meeting. We were brought together to discuss where we would stay on the mountain for the hiking days and we were told that we would have to finish this hike in less than six days or we wouldn't have much time for Masai Mara. We got everything planned and organized, said our goonights, and I slept with the thought in my head that I was about to embark on some hike and this was not going to be what I was expecting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb