The BOMB- New Guinea


Advertisement
Guinea's flag
Africa » Guinea
October 7th 2013
Published: October 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

New Guinea had challenges that lead them to be a fairly poor country below many others. One of New Guineas conflicts was its large gap in technology. New Guinea lacked in the technological advancing world.To hunt they would use a bow and arrow, they didn't have guns or other advanced weapons. People there still used traditional ways to farm with old tools, and the way they did things were time consuming and getting food was all they were focused about. The people there were using stone axes and stone tools, and there was no machinery or simple way to get things done. Everything they did was done by hand. The New Guinean's also had a insufficient and ineffective way of planting trees as their main crop. The area of land which they had stayed at only was capable of growing trees which took very long to grow, and it was a small source for their diet. Food and Game was so scarce that they would eat spiders for protein if they really had to. Unlike others in a different geography, they couldn't grow wheat which would have been so much more sufficient. It's sort of about geographic luck. New Guinea has a small percentage of 4% of arable land ranking at 147th in the world. I guess that they don't like change and enjoy eating spiders instead of actually exploring their possibilities and maybe catching fish in the ocean or in rivers by crafting a boat. Because New Guinean's didn't take the opportunity to change they had fallen behind, and were therefore unable to industrialize and diffuse due to their low motivational drive to be different from the past. They are too content with what they have which gave them a disadvantage as a country.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb