Nkoranza Part II


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana
December 30th 2006
Published: December 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I had to switch computers because the internet kept switching on and off and things were screwing up. So back to my story....they said that Veronica wouldn't be home until later because she was out with her boyfriend, and that she must've forgotten about it because her biggest weakness is her memory...? So we left in search for banku again, and found TZ which was good too. The next morning we said that we'd stop by to say goodbye, and as we walked by her house there was a lot of screaming and yelling and things being thrown and the door was kind of shaking so we just kept walking. We got to the bus station and waited for our bus, which was late as always. We met this guy named Josh from the Netherlands and ate a plantain sandwich with fried fish. We get on the bus, it makes a pit stop in Tamale which lasted almost two hours. We get to Techiman at around 9:00 PM, wander around looking for a place to stay, walk across town numerous times looking for the cheapest price, and end up staying at the place that was actually just across the street from where we were dropped off. Now we're in Nkoranza, staying at a place called Operation Hand-in-Hand. It's a home and school for the mentally disabled, and it's also a guesthouse. The website is www.operationhandinhand.nl I think. It's a very warm atmosphere, the people and children are very friendly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb