Take time to realize...


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Greater Accra » Accra
July 13th 2008
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

...how lucky you are.

SATURDAY
we went to the dam/hydroplant. it was actually really interesting and such beautiful scenery!! after we ate a this restaurant close by. it was right on the volta lake (one of the largest man made lakes in the world). there were a bunch of young kids in canoes swimming and fishing. i took lots of pictures. i could sit there all day & not get sick of it. the lake on one side and mountains on the other, it was incredible. the ride home was pretty bumpy, but we slept most of the way. i saw a young boy, maybe 3-4 years old carrying this large bowl on his head and it just made me sad because it seems like these children dont have a long childhood to play and just be kids like we do in the US. many have to work instead of going to school because their family needs the income. there was another boy, maybe 7 or 8 years old with barely any clothes on. he was carrying what looked like half a shirt and trying to cover himself up. it broke my heart. im trying to prepare myself for when we travel because i think it is going to be worse and more shocking the further north we go.
last night we ate dinner off campus at this really nice hotel called hollywood lexus suit hotel. we all wore our new dresses we bought here. after dinner we got a tour of the hotel by the owner. it was beyond anything i ever expected. i took pictures and videos because there was so much to see. the presidential suite is 500 cd a night. it has a guest bedroom & bathroom, the master bedroom & bath, HUGE balcony, workout room, HUGEEEEE KITCHEN, dining room, bar, living room, and HUGEEEE meeting room for like conferences that can probably seat 25 people. the garden outside was pretty too. it was just incredible and not as expensive as i thought it would be. a place like that in the US would cost so much more...probably double or triple the amount. anyways...we are going to head to the beach for a little bit then kim and i are off to the shop rite to hopefully get some american food & the jam we eat at breakfast every morning...its like a honey jam & really sweet. we want to bring some back with us. we found this new internet cafe on campus where we can upload our pictures to the computer so when we return later i will work on that. feel free to comment on the blogs or e-mail me with things that are going on at home. i feel really out of the loop!!

<3

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb