Winneba Credit Unions...


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Central » Winneba
February 8th 2010
Published: February 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

University of EducationUniversity of EducationUniversity of Education

New Credit Union Building
We went to the University of Education Credit Union first thing Monday morning. As we drove through the community of Winneba watching the children on their way to school and the general public making their way to various jobs, I heard on the radio, a plea for donations for the desperate people of Haiti. I know in my heart that many Ghanain people will find a way to come up with funds to help people less fortunate than themselves. Ghana is a very warm country and I cannot stress enough the friendliness of the people.
As we approached the credit union building, I was truly amazed. The structure is huge with a large parking lot and the beginnings of beautiful landscaping. Currently the credit union occupies a few rooms on the second story of the structure. They will rent out the shops to various enterprises like an Internet Café, food provider, hair salons for women, boutiques and more. There are 16 shops that will be available to rent and they had over 70 applications for the spaces. Truly amazing.
We met the credit union manager, Isaac and over the course of the day met many outgoing and incoming board members. The
Barry and IsaacBarry and IsaacBarry and Isaac

Manager's office
credit union recently held elections for their board so this is the reason for so many. Today (Tuesday) we will get to visit with the various staff members and see more of the day to day operations of this credit union. I will go for breakfast now…



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SethSeth
Seth

The Messenger
Security GuardSecurity Guard
Security Guard

At the credit union
RoyalRoyal
Royal

For Todd


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb