Jungle Warfare


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Central » Cape Coast
April 5th 2010
Published: April 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Accra - Cape Coast


So our adventure today began at 6.30am, (for those of you that know me i don't do mornings)! We ate a quick breakfast and then set off to get a bus. We arrived in Cape Coast about 11am and grabbed a taxi (after much haggling).

Our hotel is lovely, we have a room right on the beach and can lay in bed and listen to the waves. After settling in we chartered the same taxi to take us to the rainforest (Kakum National Park) where we heard that was a treetop walk. Everything began so well...the drive was good and when we got to our destination, our driver pushed to the front of the queue, in true Ghanaian style, to get our tickets. We set off on our guided tour until we had to stop and wait and wait and wait and wait...

Basically Ghanaians do not like to wait or queue. This became increasingly evident as people started to try and get to the front, pushing whoever was in their way. People were shouting and screaming and we were in a confined space with very little room to get out of peoples way. Kids were being crushed, at one point i had to lift a little girl out, and it was absolute chaos! Eventually Stu and I were able to make our way to the side where the pushing wasn't so fierce. We nearly turned back, but after a couple of hours we made it to the treetop walk. It was worth it!!! The views were amazing and it was a bit of an adventure.

We got back to the hotel about 5.30pm and after a quick shower went down to the beach for a drink to discover a full blown beach/pool party going on. It was good fun to watch everyone dancing and the music pumping. We had a really nice meal in the hotel restaurant, but the air con was rubbish and we both baked.
Now we are back in our room for an early night as we plan to be up early again tomorrow to make the most of Cape Coast by going to see the castle and get the history on the slave trade.

Speak to you all soon
xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



7th April 2010

Hello!!
Looks wonderful!! - It's so exciting to be able to follow your adventures and SEE what you do and feel part of the adventure. Thank you for setting up your blog - keep it up. Love Dad xxxx

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb