On the way to Addis


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Amhara Region » Dessie
April 13th 2007
Published: April 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke up 430am this morning to bus to Addis, which is supposedly 1.5days away.. so i hope tomorrow is the 0.5days cos today is really one long bus ride day..

the bus journey is quite scenic.. but scenic can't last you 12hrs on the bus.. furthermore, didn't get a good seat.. window can't open.. baby at the seat behind puked and the puke flowed forward... stuffy air.. and in the afternoon we drove into a storm.. as in STORM.. the trees are almost breaking that kind.. then i remembered, oh shit, my bag on top of bus.. and i was too lazy to put up the rainguard this morning.. so the backpack kena full force of the rain.. luckily i still keep my stuff in plastic bags.. it even hailed for a short while..

read on some forums that the lalibela-dessie-addis bus journey is quite pleasant.. but not really.. the last half was filled with road constructions.. sibeh xian.. tomorrow tarmac road all the way.. hopefully better..

will update the lalibela photos some time later.. it was quite impressive, the churches are all chiseled from the rocks.. one big piece of monolithic and semi-monolithic structures..

there was this community tour thing set up by some NGO.. where you can trek 3-4 days to the various tukul villages and stay overnight at the various villages.. no electricity.. at night just use fire.. 2 french girls i met in lalibela just did it.. and informed me that brad pitt and a. jolie recently did that trip as well.. and they slept in the bed that brad pitt slept in.. yum.. haha..

ok, going to rest early tonight.. ciao..





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th April 2007

french
hail in Ethiopia... that is new to me man... always thot that country is all sun go for the trip! then you can sleep on the bed the babes use
16th April 2007

french gals!
Actually a better idea would be to invite the french gals to go back and sleep on the bed that Brad Pitt slept on... only this time, WITH YOU!!!
16th April 2007

haha.. 13 months of sunshine!
yah.. ethiopia has 13 months of sunshine.. but sometimes got rainy seasons.. saw a lot of fallen trees and fallen rocks/soil due to soil erosion the nextr day.. saw a bus overturned by the fallen rocks.. they dun practice terrace farming on slopes.. so.. bad soil erosion..
16th April 2007

actually..
the french girls were not as hot as the 2 austrian girls i've been travelling with for the past 4 days.. stay tuned.. ;p
16th April 2007

Not this itme..
Can't go for the trip this time round.. but it'll be good to do it before it becomes too commercialized... andf it'd be more fun to do it with you guys.. so.. many new places for us to go now.. Ethiopia.. South America.. Austria... haha

Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 84; dbt: 0.2386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb