On our way home!


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

It is May Day, a holiday here in Ethiopia, and just as everyone is in a celebratory mood, so is the Mannelly family: we are just minutes away from Yayu picking us up at the Hilton and getting us to the airport (albeit 5 1/2 hours early). We intend on eating at the airport, and burning off any of Tigist's anxiety by running around the airport. Hopefully, a full belly and blowing off some steam will tucker her out for the 22 1/2 hours of flight time.


Today was a good day. We ALL had a full night's sleep, had full breakfasts (Tigist had her hobbit-like second breakfast per usual), a beautiful long nap after a satisfying lunch of rice and peaches, followed by some pool time (for additional tucker factor) and packing.


This will be our last posting from Addis Ababa. Bear with us as we travel back home, collect some final thoughts, and finish up our travel blog for this adventure. For the families that are adopting who sent specific questions via the blog's comments, hold tight. Internet time was limited, so we will compose full responses when we return!
This has been a wonderful adventure for the entire family!
See you all soon! Love, Katrinka, Brian, and TIGIST!

Advertisement



1st May 2009

Enjoy your flight home
Well this has been quite an adventure for you all, as well as for us bystanders, we have followed your trip Thanks to you and this blog. We have enjoyed your posts and we look forward to seeing you in person we hope in the near future. I am sure you are excited to return home and im sure all are excited to see you return. This is just the beginning of a trip in life as parents. It can be a roller coster of emotions and excitment, every day brings a new adventure, tears of joy, Just remember 1 thing be good to your children as they will pick out your nursing home. Enjoy your trip home We look forward to all the news and we hope to meet Tigest real soon. Thank you for keeping us informed. Jan
1st May 2009

SAFE TRAVELS!!
La familia de Mannelly, Hey there! Linh and I really enjoyed reading your blog and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your extraordinary journey! We wish you a safe (and hopefully quiet) trip home! We can't wait to meet Tigist! We know she will be loved with no end! The Mannelly's are a blessed family and we are so appreciative that you've shared all of this with us!
1st May 2009

Travel Home
Our hearts and prayers are with all the way home. Much Love, Mom
2nd May 2009

I've really enjoyed following your adventure on this blog. My biggest congratulations to you and your new family!

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb