Egypt, the final frontier


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
March 15th 2010
Published: March 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates as of late but we have been incredibly busy! Our time in Egypt has been a whirlwind thus far but we finally have a week or so to relax and enjoy Dahab at our own pace.

Where to start, where to start? We landed in Cairo after a LONG DAY of traveling. We had a brief stop over in Abu Dhabi which has some luxurious seats that were great for sleeping in. We had a ride waiting for us when we got there which turned out to be a lucky break. We got a free ride to our hotel from a professional driver. Believe us; you have never seen driving like this before. It's semi-organized chaos. After another 15 hours sleep we were ready to take on some of the area around our hotel. It was quite stressful being in such a new/ different environment. We did our best to get around/ get lunch/ and talk to people without getting hustled for money in some way.

We met up with our tour group and from there everything has been a blur, but an awesome blur at that. We saw more pyramids, tombs and temples in a week than we will probably see in the rest of our lives!

It's probably easier just to list what we have seen in point form because to write about all of them would take ages. So, here goes...

-Egyptian Museum
-The Great Pyramids
-Abu Simbel
-Edfu temple
-Valley of the Kings
-Hatshepsut temple
-Karnak temple
-Luxor temple

We were amazed by what we saw but also overloaded with information surrounding all of them from our guides. Still one of the coolest experiences we've ever had.

We also checked out some cool cities and places in between these places but you will have to see the pictures to check them out.

We also decided it would be a good idea to climb a mountain on this trip. So what better mountain to climb than Mount Sinai (for further info on Mt Sinai, please refer to the Bible and the story of Moses/the Ten Commandments.) This was physically and mentally exhausting to do. It wasn't a really hard climb, but we did it at 2am with no sleep. Sounds crazy, but it was so we could see the sunrise from the top. Also a truly unique life event.

After this test of strength we were definitely wiped. So luckily we are now in Dahab. No more early wake up calls to see pyramids and such and no more early morning mountain climbing. Just relaxing on the Red Sea.

Hope all is well back home. It should be almost spring, right? Just in case you were feeling a little cold, our day in Luxor was approximately 45 degrees celcius. Maybe 50, they weren't quite sure 😊



Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



17th March 2010

You guys are looking so good in all your sphinx poses! So glad the trip is full of such experiences. Spring? Well yes but remember we could still get a snow storm!
18th March 2010

Wow. You two have really had quite the experiences. We can't wait to hear about them when you get home. I really like the jump shots and the pyramid pictures. Miss you terribly and look forward to seeing you in April. mom
18th March 2010

you guys rock my world
i love you life :D

Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb