So Long, Farewell...


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
July 19th 2008
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, the market last night was entertaining. Never have I seen so many people selling the same twelve things! We did have fun looking around for about an hour before heading back to the hotel for our bon voyage.

This morning started early - 4am - as it was the last day of the tour. We took a 6:30 flight to Cairo and now wait at the Cairo airport until 5pm when our flight leaves for Rome, then we wait there for two hour before flight leaves to Amsterdam. By the time we get to our hotel in Amsterdam we'll have been up (most likely) for 22 hours. Thankfully they have free Internet in this part of the terminal!

As this point we've had a good time but are excited to move on to our next adventure. I think a week was more than enough time for this leg of the trip.

... 3 hours later....

Airport sitting is brutal. Here in Cairo they won't even let you check in for your flight more than 2.5 hours prior. We are sitting outside the terminal waiting until they will let us check our baggage and go to come (hopefully) comfortable chairs. Still an hour of waiting to check in our bags. 12 hours until we land in Amsterdam...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.364s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0954s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb