Amazing Egypt!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
May 30th 2008
Published: May 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Back home Back home Back home

At this point I dont knw what was keep us awake, this was the 22hour flight back home.
Egypt was amazing!!! London, & Paris too... but I wish we could've stayed longer 😞 ...the trip was amazing!!...we met people from around the world which was probably one of the best things, that and the new language we kinda picked up!...On our way back from Cairo, in this random hotel in London, we met some guy from Scotland, Ian, who said he worked w. Keane the band, he was their music engineer or something, and totally looked the part too... he was all rocked out, w. leather pants n everything, its great how many people are out there. Some wierd, but interesting 😊 Its gotta be one of the things I love about traveling the culture and the people I meet. So many people, so little time!

In Egypt, we met Hesham, which was our tour guide for the trip, he was wonderful! An Egyptologist w. a great sense of humor, everyday, he started off the day by saying, "today is another beautiful day in Cairo" and then we'd sometimes hear the call to prayer, and we'd start our day.

Our first day there, excited just to be in Egypt! Its crazy how we can jump on a
camelcamelcamel

Camel at the great pyramids.
plane and literally get off to another world, diff. language, diff. customs, diff. everything, I didnt know if I was getting jipped at the bank or not until I got familiar w. the currency. Of course it was the bank, so they didn't, but it was just wierd looking at pink money w. arabic writing....All in all the experience was worth the trip! Like all trips it had its exciting moments, tiring!!! sleepy, scary a bit, good n' bad...but I guess its what you get when you travel...


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

One of the many friendly locals.One of the many friendly locals.
One of the many friendly locals.

I think I like his morning commute better.
SpynxSpynx
Spynx

Our first days.
CairoCairo
Cairo

Milly n' I at the great steps of something, we would squeeze sooo much into everyday, that I really don't remember what was what at this point.
The unfinished monumentThe unfinished monument
The unfinished monument

Its great how you could get as close as you'd like, in the states this would never be permitted, too many safety issues :( [i]thanks GW! :( [/i]
Monument2Monument2
Monument2

This monument was carved out, completely out of the side of the mountain. While we were there, our tour guide, Hesham told us this place was not too popular w. the tourist anymore b.c of political stuff that had happened.
At monumentAt monument
At monument

Guys are willinig to take pic's but they'll usually ask you for tips after.
Little RockstarsLittle Rockstars
Little Rockstars

These kids would row up to your felucca and start singing for tips.
Rowing away in the Nile!Rowing away in the Nile!
Rowing away in the Nile!

I guess it was my ignorance, but I was suprised at just how dirty the Nile water is when you get up close to it. But the kids are used to it, ...kinda like Santa Monica in LA, haha well not really.
Tips, tips, tips!!!Tips, tips, tips!!!
Tips, tips, tips!!!

Hitching a ride.
VendorsVendors
Vendors

Vendors around cruise ship.
TaggingTagging
Tagging

Egyptian tagging.
SecuritySecurity
Security

Our security. I kinda snuck in this shot, check out his gun on the bottom-right,...scary!!
Ma salamaMa salama
Ma salama

The shot is blurry c. we were going a bit quick on the ship, but I love that these guys were smiling. Some of them even understood hello and goodbye.
Egyptian beerEgyptian beer
Egyptian beer

Good times on the cruise ship...
Temples at LuxorTemples at Luxor
Temples at Luxor

More temples...walking around these esp. when we'd visit at night, felt a little surreal. Like Indiana Jones or something...
Temples2Temples2
Temples2

Walking through Luxor temple at night.
The Great PyramidsThe Great Pyramids
The Great Pyramids

This shot doesnt do it justice, we saw the sun in the far background and the pyramids as they were getting closer n' closer... Amazing!!
SaharaSahara
Sahara

The sahara was not as hot as I imagined it, but I guess it's c. we were on the outskirts...crazy to think people still do trips through it.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb