Nerfertiti


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
September 10th 2019
Published: September 10th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today we flew from Cairo (in the North) to Aswan (in the South). On the way from the airport to the ship we stopped to see the Aswan High dam. « The Aswan Dambenefits Egypt by controlling the annual floods on the Nile River and prevents the damage which used to occur along the floodplain. It provides about half of Egypt's power supply and has improved navigation along the river by keeping the water flow consistent. »

Aswan is a small city compared to Cairo, only 1.6 million people. Here also it is an art to cross the street. Fortunately, there are police to help the tourists cross.

The Nefertiti is the name of our boat. The rooms are quite nice. Everyone has a balcony And a good size bathroom. The food is great and the service superb.

« Nefertiti, whose name means "a beautiful woman has come," was the queen of Egypt and wife of Pharaoh Akhenaten during the 14th century B.C. She and her husband established the cult of Aten, the sun god, and promoted Egyptian artwork that was radically different from its predecessors »

Later this afternoon we went to the spice market. Our Program Director called it a spice market but they don’t sell only spices. I didn’t buy any spices because I didn’t find a shop that had sealed bags.

I have include a few photos.

Tomorrow abu simbel. Stay tuned


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb