Egyptian Museum


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
September 7th 2019
Published: September 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

King Tut’s death maskKing Tut’s death maskKing Tut’s death mask

This photo was taken from the internet as we were not allowed to take pictures in the gold room
Our tour title is Ancient Egypt and the Nile River. As an introduction, this afternoon we visited the Egyptian Museum. I usually am not a museum person but still found this one interesting.

This famous museum houses the world’s largest collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts (more than 120,000 items on display) featuring the famous Tutankhamun (king Tut) collection with the beautiful gold death mask and sarcophagus, and the royal Mummy room.

Interesting King Tut Facts: King Tut ruled for only about 10 years, from approximately 1333 BC to 1324 BC. He was the Pharaoh of Egypt. His father died when he was only seven, and he became Pharaoh two years later when he married his sister. During his reign, Tutankhamun accomplished little. He's famous because his tomb was the first ever nearly intact tomb of a pharaoh that was ever uncovered, by Howard Carter, in 1922. ... In short, Tutankhamun is famous because of his tomb and stuff found in it, particularly the golden burial mask that is displayed in the museum. Mummies were fascinating.

Most of my pictures taken inside the museum are not good. Most displays are behind glass, so you get glare. To see some additional pictures, go to the photos tab to see them all.

Bob this is for you. Our first Egyptian meal. Mmmmm!

Menu : appetizer - tabouli, hummus, tzatziki, baba ganoush, keba, sambusik

Soup - don’t recall the name, it was a meatball soup

Main - white and beef stew with ocra

Dessert - umali

I took pictures. For those who don’t know Bob he loves to take pictures of food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

AppetizerAppetizer
Appetizer

Tabouli, hummus, tzatziki, baba ganoush, keba and sambusik
soupsoup
soup

Don’t recall the name ,but it was delicious
mainmain
main

White rice, beef stew with ocra (don’t remember the name)
DessertDessert
Dessert

Umali. Sorry, forgot to take the picture before starting to eat


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb