Luxor and Nile Cruise


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Luxor
June 19th 2009
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 5 - Luxor


This was also an early morning for us. We had an 8 am flight and a 6 am departure from our hotel. Judy is still knocking on our door to make sure we are up and it is still excruciatingly annoying. Karma is a b*#$%!t(MISSING)hough. The previous night we went back to the Thai restaurant that we ate at the first night in our hotel. Judy loves pad thai and was very excited to have it again. Chester just wanted a drink. So anyway, fast forward to the morning, Judy got food poisoning and was sick all night and then entire next day. Half way through our day, Betty got sick as well. Kirsten and Chester were fine! Maybe if Judy didn’t always feel like she needed to knock on our door every morning, that would not have happened. It’s just a theory.
We transferred to the airport where we sat on the tarmac for over an hour before leaving Cairo for Luxor. This portion of the trip started our Nile cruise adventure, or as Betty now refers to it: Pharaoh’s Revenge. Sadly, Betty had such bad noodles the night before and when bad
Karnak TempleKarnak TempleKarnak Temple

Row and Spinx that extended into the town at one time.
noodles hit, that hit hard, they hit fast and it is not good. Let’s just leave it with Betty with some shred of dignity. Or not, Betty didn’t make it to the bathroom. After Betty got herself together we headed out for our first sightings in Luxor, the Temple of Karnak and the Temple of Luxor. At first, Johnny Carson’s Karnak the Magnificent is all that came to our minds. These temples are massive and we learned the difference between temples designed/built by Egyptians and temples designed/built by the Romans/Greeks. We had a great guide for our cruise, Ahmed. It is amazing how much the guides have to know to lead tours. Everyone was pretty inquisitive and Ahmed was able to answer all our questions. Ahmed has a degree in archeology and also had to study for several years to be a guide. After visiting the temples in the 100+ heat we were able to head back to the boat for roof top sunbathing and dinner. With all the digestive problems Betty and Judy were having, they may have skipped a few meals here and there.

We did have a celebrity spotting on the ship. It appears the Momar
Photo OpPhoto OpPhoto Op

At the temple of Luxor. Chester, Kirsten, Judy and Betty.
Khadafy vacations on the Nile with the Italians. We were a bit obsessed with him until he kept fondling our toast. Than he just pissed us off. We were pleasantly surprised upon returning to our cabin to find two loving swans on top of our beds. But the towels still smelled like diesel fuel and looked a bit like they had been used in the engine room.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Temple of Kuxor StatuesTemple of Kuxor Statues
Temple of Kuxor Statues

Some king. Can't remember the name at Temple of Luxor.
Temple of KarnakTemple of Karnak
Temple of Karnak

More statues
Top Deck of Cruise Boat.Top Deck of Cruise Boat.
Top Deck of Cruise Boat.

The floor is like asphalt in the sun.
Momar KhadafiMomar Khadafi
Momar Khadafi

Clecbrity spotting at it's best. Check out Libyian President on the left.


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb