sweating out a fever....


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Luxor
February 9th 2008
Published: February 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hey all!!

Well the enevatable (cant spelll sorry) has happened. I am sick as a dog.....

I am now in Luxor after spending 2 glorious days sailing on a felucca. We boarded the feluccas at aswan and arrived in Luxor today after 2 days of sailing for only 42kms...I cant even begin to tell you how much of a highlight this was for me - even though i am now really sick. We had plenty of sunshine but the nights were absolutley freezing. The deck of the felucca was just one big mattress with cushions and blankets, so you can imagine how lazy the past two days have been, which was a nice change from the craziness of cairo and aswan.

Our first night, we pulled up on the bank of the river nile somewhere and prepared for the cold night ahead. After digging our toilet and got some firewood we were pretty much set. Oh except only one thing was missing.....Nubian dancing, music and the wine : ) it was soooo much fun i loved every minute of it!!! the next night was a bit of an experience. in the middle of the nigght i had to get up for the loo only to find that there was a pack of wolves (wild dogs)....there were green eeyes eeverywhere!!!!! So instead of being mauled i had to go over the side of the boat...i know probably too much info but it wasnt the bad kind dont worry : ) still after a few wines it was very tricky and i dont know how i managed to stay on the boat....

after reluctantly leaving the feluccas today we joined our 3 hr covoyed bus trip to luxor.....again i am sooooooooooooo happy to be alive - seriously. My nervs just cant take much more of these roads and the drivers. Our driver was constantly driving at about 150kms and swerving onto the wrong side of the road into on comming traffic and overtaking on blind corners. We had more than one close encounter - i was cloose to tears......So i can safely say it is one thing i will NOT miss about egypt!

Well my friends this key board is annoyinng me a great deal as the arabic keeps switching on...Plus i need to rest and take some cold and flu tablets. I just hope it doesnt last too long. TOmorrow we visit the valley of the kings then a night show at the temple of karnak yay cant wait!!!!!

Lots of love to you all!!!!!

Jess

ةهسس غخع!! (arabic for - miss you!)

xo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb