Cruising the Nile - Edfu & Kom Ombo


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Kom Ombo
April 28th 2010
Published: November 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

April 28th

This morning we were up at 6am and off the boat by 7 to go to the Edfu Temple. This is one of the best preserved temples from antiquity and was one of the last temples built in the Ptolemey period. We needed to get back to the boat as we were sailing to the next town where we would dock for the night. On the way cruising down the Nile watching the Nile go by, people doing laundry, cows taking a dip, fishing & kids swimming all the while having a cold Stella beer. We needed to go through the locks and waited for about an hour to go through. Some enterprising men in boats came around to sell us more stuff for the fancy dress party later. In the evening we all went to the temple of Kom Ombo just as the sun was setting. this temple is dedicated to two gods- Sobek the crocodile god & Horus the falcon god. The light was terific and I was able to take some awesome pictures.
On the way back to the boat Rhonda, Kathy, Jackie and I went through the market. Well this was like a feeding frenzy with all the shop owners trying to drag us into their shops. Kathy and I ended up getting headdresses which would come in handy for the dress party on the boat later.
Back at the boat we all had dinner and then it was time to get ready for the fancy dress party.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb