Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Aswan
November 19th 2008
Published: November 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone

So we are sorry for the lack of updates but computers seem to be few and far between and over priced and we seem to be speeding around with not a whole lot of free time . . .so much to see.

So we left Jordan and went onto Egypt, it took a whole day to get across the border, everything in the middle east seems to be so difficult and slow. After a few days in Dahab of snorkling and eating we went off to mount Sanai to hike up it over night to watch the sunrise from the top where appartnly Moses recieved the ten commandments. Sleeping perched on the edge of a very very high cliff is a new experiance and freezing to death.

We seem to spend a lot of time travelling on this trip, the truck is getting a little old now, sleep a bit and then read and then sleep and then read . . . .but only a week left of our tour now.

Yesterday we went to the valley of the kings and visited Tuthamkanun himself, which cost a lot but was worth it as we got to meet the mummy himself in is tiny little tomb. The tombs are amazing, I swear they just finished painting them.

Tomorrow we are off to Abu Simbal another temple but we have to leave at 3:20am! hopefully it will be worth it.

We both are having a great time, but are tired of being constanly harrassed and overcharged. The middle east is a facsinating country but it takes a lot effort to travel here and is far froma relaxing holiday . . . .I wonder how the next 8 months of our trip will go.

x

Advertisement



21st November 2008

Look forward to seeing you both
Dont worry me and Anett wont harras n over charge you lol. looking forward to seeing you both again. will be very cosy in the flat but hey im sure we will manage.
23rd December 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Hi to you both, have a great Christmas and a happy new year. You'll have to let me know what you have for christmas dinner in China! Miss you Lots x

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb