Diving Paradise


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Sinai » Dahab
November 25th 2010
Published: November 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I'm in the 'backpackers paradise' town of Dahab, a little ways north of Sharm el Sheikh on the east coast of the Sinai. It's a very cute town with a seaside stroll about a kilometre long which has endless restaurants/bars/sheesha joints hanging on the oceanside and hotels/dive shops/tourist shops on the land side. It's sooo layed back, the sun is endless and the sinai mountains create a pretty funky backdrop. There are sooooo many dive outfits here it's rediculous, I just went with the one in the hostel i'm staying in which by the way is $4 a night to stay at. The cook at the restaurant there always has a cool dinner going, think tonight is shark steaks, and charges unbeatable prices for the budget minded travellers staying at the hostel.
I did a warm up dive today at Lighthouse reef, was pretty cool, lots of those ginormous clams mixed into the massive boulders of coral with pretty little fish swimming all around.
Tomorrow it'll be three dives, starting with Eel garden in the morning, then ending with a night dive somewhere I forgot the name. Then the next day I'm thinking the blue hole and the canyon dives, both supposed to be fantastic.
Was already offered a job at the dive shop, guess the hostel owner took a liking to my efficiency, which the egyptian folk are severely lacking.
Decided to forget about the plans of heading to a resort in Sharm for a few days. Met a good cross section of the people staying at those resorts and was a little bit turned off. Maybe i'll save those duckets for a mexico trip or something. Anywho, it's happy hour on the waterfront! Pint bottles of beer for a whole oh $1.50.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb