Cruise Back to Luxor & the Red Sea


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Red Sea » Hurghada
May 1st 2010
Published: November 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

May 1

On our way back to Luxor we once again stopped at Edfu for the night. we decided to have a walk down the streets to have a look at daily life there. We collected quite a crowd of kids all saying hello to us as we walked by. We were the pied piper as they all started to follow us.

May 2

Back in Luxor again for the day. We had a nice walk around the markets again and then we all found a cafe where we could try smoking a shesha. Judith was so funny, she is a great sport. Later Kathy, Judith and I went to have a drink at the Winter Palace. This was where Agatha Christie stayed when she wrote "Death on the Nile". Our last night on the boat before we head off th the Red Sea tomorrow.

May 3

It took us about 5 hours to drive from Luxor to Hurgada. Once we got there we decided to rent a boat to do some snorkeling. This was so much fun, the water was so blue with one of the best reefs in the world. Hurghada is a big let down thoough, way too touristy and full of Russians wearing speedos and short shorts. I call it Hellghada. Dahab would have been a much better spot. We all had dinner to say goodbye to David and Judith who were heading off to Fayum on another trip. They will be missed.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb