Sailing across the Mediterranean towards Port Said, Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Mediterranean
May 8th 2013
Published: May 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday May 8th, 2013. Sailing across the Mediterranean towards Port Said, Egypt

We had a very lazy day today (and we needed it!). D had an early breakfast up on the Lido while M stayed in bed for a lie in. We went to the restaurant for lunch for the first time all trip.

M went to the craft group and made some wine charms. These are so you can tell whose glass of wine belongs to whom at a party. Four charms were provided (in 4 colours). Some of the dozey women in the group decided that their charms would be much prettier if they mixed the colours up! We wouldn't want to be a guest at their party and trying to work out which glass was whose!

We sat on deck in the afternoon and went to the show at 6.30 pm. It was the Noordam singers and dancers again and they were brilliant. The productions that they put on really are extremely professional. Tonight's show was called Aces High and was the story (all in song) of the luck (or not) of 3 gamblers at a casino. The fourth singer played The House (for the uninitiated this is the Casino itself). We particularly enjoyed the Beatles' songs.

We had a late dinner as our table was still occupied by the 8.00 pm crowd who had stayed past their welcome. We watched the show again at 10.00. We get an extra hour in bed tonight as the clocks go back. We are not going to Cairo. We will just check out Port Said.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb