Last Day in Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Mediterranean » Alexandria
August 3rd 2009
Published: August 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Last Day in Egypt
August 3, 2009

Today I slept-in until noon and it was awesome. After lunch, a couple friends and I went to go check out the Alexandria Library. Part of your entrance fee included an hour of free internet so we all jumped on that opportunity and used up every last minute of it. Then we walked around the library for a bit and then headed back to the ship. Our taxi drivers were crazy! There were cars going in every direction and people were driving so fast, it felt like we were on the brink of an accident with every second that passed. It was pretty exciting though. In our cab on the way back, the driver was playing Celine Dion. It’s so bizarre when you’re sitting in a taxi in probably the most foreign country of the whole trip and the taxi driver is listening to Celine Dion. It was hilarious though because we were all quiet just kind of taking in our surroundings and the crazy traffic, and then for some reason, as if on queue, my friends and I broke out into song, singing “If I’m your laaaaaaadddyyyyyy…” I looked in the rearview mirror and saw the driver smiling and it was the perfect ending to my Egyptian experience.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb