Alexandria, Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Mediterranean » Alexandria
March 17th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 60, Saturday, March 17, 2007, Alexandria, Egypt (Port Closed due to High Winds)

Well the Commodore has made the final decision. We will not be able to call in Alexandria, Egypt due to the port being closed. The winds have been, and are still very high and no ships are being allowed in. We have been floating around for about four hours now waiting for the winds to die down but unfortunately, they have not. Our tour today to Cairo was a 12 hour one, with three hours to Cairo, and three hours back with about six hours there. The tours there just would not be possible now that it is 10:00 a.m. The buses apparently have to travel in convoy with guards aboard them. We will now be calling in Athens early—1200 tomorrow. We were scheduled to be there on Monday but now we will be there on Sunday and stay overnight. As you can imagine, many people are very disappointed to miss Cairo, the pyramids and the Egyptian Museum. Those who have seen the pyramids are just as disappointed, because they won’t be able to explore Alexandria as they had planned. We just have to say we’ll be back!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb