Camel elixir


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Giza
January 2nd 2024
Published: January 2nd 2024
Edit Blog Post

The promise of a visit to the pyramids and some camel action managed to rally our youngest patient out of bed and into our bus. Obligatory stop at the papyrus shop to see their very naff produce but we did get an interesting demonstration of how it was made. In the road again for the quick trip to the pyramids.

First stop was Cheops where we clambered up the outside for a different perspective but decided not to go inside after being tombed-out in Luxor. So we headed to the overlook where our ships of the desert awaited to relieve us of all our ailments and a considerable sum of money. Saddled up and prepared supplies for the arduous 30 minute trek into the Sahara.

The little known healing properties of camels on previously debilitating coughs cast their magic and we retuned with a different child. Engaged in some photo fun before we headed back down for a quick spin around the sphinx (which my phone is convinced should be sphincter…that would be an interesting sentence). All that spinning made us hungry for lunch so we replenished and retired to the serenity of the apartment for some rest before our next outing.

Some wondering and supposing and we were on our way to the stables and our horse riding adventure. The girls were so happy to see the dogs, cats and foals, it was difficult to tear them away, but we managed to get them on the backs of the horses and into the desert.

We seemed to have entered a pyramid trial zone - the step pyramid on one side and various smaller test runs for what we had visited this morning surrounding us. The horses were keen for some faster paced action and when some others galloped past them, they were keen to join. We, however, were not, and it took some convincing that we were going to set the pace.

We were pleased with our control and confidence, being the most challenging ride we’d done, and we loved watching the sun set and the peacefulness of wandering through the desert at twilight. When I say we, I mean me, as my horse was definitely keen to pick up the pace and attempted a trot whenever my attention was elsewhere. I think she was quite pleased when we returned and got the slow poke off her back!

Alas, we had to head back into the madness to make it back to our apartment. But with confirmation of our escape route tomorrow, we will all be pleased to leave Cairo, aptly described by Eloise as “traumatic” to head to the Western Desert tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb