Sad Goodbyes :-(


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
January 25th 2010
Published: February 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We didn't blog during December - as we were simply catching up with wonderful and much loved friends and family in Rome, Paris and Barcelona... to sum it up though, the whole thing was pretty much characterised by eating as much food as possible - especially gelato and pizza in Rome! Yum... I think Hero and I gained about 5 kgs each in the first few days of our Rome stay! Mind you, we probably needed it after India ;-)

Most of January was spent in Egypt, travelling from North to South with my parents, and then heading back up to Cairo. It was an amazing trip - the ancient sites in Egypt are truly spectacular, and more incredible and more extensively preserved than we had hoped. We haven't blogged about this adventure yet, but will try to get something up eventually, even if it is just an outline of our itinerary.

We have, however, posted heaps of photos up on Flickr, which you are more than welcome to check out if you are interested! Our photos are up there for all our travels so far, from London to Istanbul, some of India (unfortunately we sent most of those home before getting a chance to post them), Paris, Rome, Barca, and Egypt (there are HEAPS of Egypt!) here

Meanwhile, most recently, we were gutted to say cheerio to mum and dad on 25 January when they started the long haul back to Oz. We had such a wonderful and fun time travelling with them, and it's pretty special for us to have these memories of a shared adventure with them :-) So after waving them off at the airport we were driven back by Mr Muhamed, accompanied by Tamer (you may hear more about these characters eventually!) and, after a strange detour to a shopping centre so Mr Muhamed could look for a new suit - and have more photos taken with us in the carpark - we made it back to our new home - Hostel Brothers in downtown Cairo... Mr Muhamed even refused our tip, which is practically unheard of in Egypt! Bless, I think he had tears in his eyes waving goodbye :-) Now alone we consoled ourselves with koshari at our new fave eating place, and wallowed in the sadness of goodbyes and journey ends, and the prospect of another four days in Cairo...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb