Egypt Explorers: The Airport Mishap!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
June 26th 2009
Published: September 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Michele in Paris during our layoverMichele in Paris during our layoverMichele in Paris during our layover

Michele caught snoozing after our long flight into Paris
Day 1: June 26
The Airport Mishap!

Our big travel date finally arrived and we made sure we were at the airport three hours early. We checked in, went through security, and promptly found our terminal where we waited anxiously for our flight to board. Michele, nor myself, had never flown internationally before, so we were apprehensive to say the least! Our flight was suppose to board at 7:45 p.m. The time came and passed, and we did not hear our flight being announced like all the other ones. We checked the monitor and saw Delayed out from the flight number. We could not figure out why it would be delayed, so we continued to wait and listen. To our surprise, the intercom came on and paiged our names to the desk! All sorts of crazy thoughts ran through our heads to why in the world would two public school teachers be paiged over the airport intercom. We hurriedly went to the desk, and the attendant rolled her eyes as she asked where in the world we had been. With another eye roll, she informed us that the entire flight had been delayed due to our carelessness.

We felt terrible and hoped this incident would not set the tone for the rest of our trip.

By Missy



Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb