Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
February 15th 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Last day of the trip, it´s come around all too quickly. Had the buffet breakfast at the hotel with the crew, then got a cab to City Stars Mall, the biggest mall in Cairo. Dad & I decided to go see the movie Blood Diamond & whilst waiting for our session to commence, went looking for the internet. Found a free service at the first coffee shop we entered & I ordered a hot chocolate with cream & caramel topping. It was just divine, but had enough calories to last a week; needless to say I didn´t have anything for lunch.

The movie was great & afterwards we caught a cab back to the hotel & relaxed in the room until my ride to the airport arrived. It was sad to say goodbye to dad after spending so much time together over the past few weeks, so I made it quick & jumped in the cab with Jan & Doug.

We arrived at the airport too early to even check onto our flight & so had to wait a while in the large foyer area before the first security check. Already our flight had been delayed some & we were thankful when we could finally check in, just to offload our luggage. After a bit of a mess around, Jan & Doug managed to get the three of us into a lounge, which was unfortunately a fairly pitiful display of Egyptian hospitality. The food was lousy (stale breadsticks), the television had a mind of it´s own & there was no staff to serve drinks. To top it off, our 11pm flight was delayed until 2:30am! Thankfully though, the couches were comfortable & we managed to get some shuteye before boarding. I´m just glad we didn´t have to wait in the predeparture area with the rest of cattle class because the seats were hard & wouldn´t have made for a nice place to spend a few extra hours.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 31; qc: 169; dbt: 0.1483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb