Welcome to Egypt!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
August 18th 2018
Published: February 11th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We finally arrived! After a long flight Renata and I finally reached Cairo. At the airport, we were greeted by a representative for Travel Talk Tours who kindly helped us with obtaining our Visa and Luggage (which took forever). We were then on our way to our hotel, the Oasis Hotel Pyramids, which I highly recommend.

Today was a day to relax as we slept and swam in the luxurious hotel pool. Later that evening we met up with our tour mates and Egyptologist guide, Sam. Sam went over the itinerary and optional excursions of the Egyptian part of our tour.

Afterwards a group of us decided to go on the optional group dinner and cruise. In hindsight, the cruise was unremarkable and the food tasted bland. However, it was great getting to know the other travelers and the entertainment show with Arabic dancing was well worth it.

Tomorrow is going to be incredibly exciting as Renata and I get to see the Great Pyramids, the oldest of the seven wonders of the Ancient World and the only one to remain mostly intact.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Dinner Cruise Dinner Cruise
Dinner Cruise

Arabic Dancing


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb