Cairo to Luxor


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo » Nasr City
September 23rd 2010
Published: September 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone. We have been cruising down the Nile for 3 days and it has been amazing. Where to start. Dubai was different, all big buildings and big money. Also very crazy. Lots of development unfinished, mad taxi drivers and surrounded bt desert. We did the 4x4 desert tour and Badawin village dinner and entertainment. Also went up the Tall Tower. Couldn't even feel the elavator go up. Unfortunately it is very sandy and this creates a continual haze. Great experience.
From here we flew to Cairo and met with our tour. The group is good fun, with a range of ages. Explored Cairo, went to Pyramids and Sphinx. Still womdering how it was all possible.
Overnight train to Answan. 2 hr wait at the station which is considdered fairly normal....Egyptian time!! Viewed the High dam and Philae Temple. Up early to catch plane ...2:30am early!!! to catch plane to Abel Simble where another temple was moved from the water. Amazing feat.
Next was a Nile Cruise for 3 nights which was amazing. The Nile is a beautiful river and has a variety of life along its banks. We went ashore to view 2 temples and be hassled by the locals trying to sell us stuff! The cruiser had great food, swimming pool, entertainment and was very luxurious.
Off the cruuiser to Luxor and booked into very flash hotel. Going out for an Egyptian meal shortly and then tomorrow off to the valley of the Kings and 2 more Temples, that are supposedly bigger and better than the last ones. Then its back to Cairo by train and start the 2nd parrt of tour. We are all well and having a great time. So very different in culture, color, and everything.
Happy birthday Steve. Hope your day was fun.
A quick update loyal followers and watch this space.
Peter here
some words
dubai - mad, breath taking, amazing, impossible, impressive, wow
egypt - cairo - crazy, staggering, beatifull, people everywhere, friendly,hassling, overwhelming
egypt - the rest - all of the above but cleaner & more human, breath taking, wonderfull, crazy
unusual for me - i can,t fully describe it all
p

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb