La weekend en Djibouti......


Advertisement
Djibouti's flag
Africa » Djibouti
February 10th 2006
Published: February 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Thanks to my Philippines housemates, I have had my first night out last Thursday, after going to the Catholic Church with my. The mass was held by an English speaking French father, where most of them are Philippines. The atmosphere was totally different from the Methodist ones I’ve attended. There are quite a number of Philippines who work here in Djibouti. We have also met a friendly Philippine who owns a glossary store here.

I really have to mention how we went to church….we took the local bus - which is only a van, with the door opened and windows with a 10-year-never-washed-before-curtain’, which will cover your face once the wind blows when the van is moving….each person costs 20Dj Franc, which is around 40sen….that’s the major transports for the locals….. if we take a cab, it will be 1000Dj Franc, which is around RM21 for a 5minutes ride (for daytime 500Dj Franc). Expensive huh!

The town centre….mmmm…….I see it like Kota Bharu town in the 60s….lots of barber shops which are owned by Indian (they r always the expert)….some tiny electronic shops which sell some cool stuffs (like a 2GB pen drive and latest Nokia models), some 'pasar malam' and also well-deco French restaurants. There is even a Planet Hollywood here which serves Italian food. The town was pretty crowded and some pretty Djiboutian girls (or maybe Ethiopian or Somalia) standing in front of the disco (yes they do have discos), with some pimps asking whether you r interested ‘Magandang Mamasang (beautiful chicken in Philipines language)…… There were also some young and posh Djiboutians too….I think I pretty like the atmosphere here. People are friendly but so far, I haven’t met any Chinese, even though I know there are four Chinese restaurants here.

The most ‘geli’ thing is when I saw the infamous French legionnaire, wearing some tight shorts and up-to-knee-high socks with a chef-look-alike topeng…I don’t know how to describe, it was just geli and funny….next time I’ll show you their photo too……

Anyway, as per Wan Ling request, I’ve shown some photos of my room and even the toilet…..voila, it really looks normal but for sure, the Bandar Puteri one is cosier and nicer lah!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



13th February 2006

:)
Ya, ur room looked very tidy and clean ler....n this is bungalow, right? so did u manage to say Gong Xi Fa Cai with the China people there? seems that now you are the Malaysian embassador in Djibouti, so the two countries' long good relationship is depends on you now...hahaha :)
15th February 2006

not bad mah ur room... can bring lots of chicks in also :)
17th February 2006

Even better than bali.....
hey, when i look at ur room, i think it is not bad, i got a feeling is like in the nusa dua bangalow....i think u will like Djibouti ...
19th February 2006

bangalow by the sea
Dude, it is a bangalow by the sea. What else you can ask for? The shot on your balcony looks nice ler.
13th August 2006

Your staying place
The room looks tidy, there is few cloths inside wardrobe. Bathroom looks clean also.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb