Hippo Alert


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Okavango Delta
May 11th 2009
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 21 (Monday,11-May-09, JRJ)

Up early for another mokoro trip and two short walks. On the walks we briefly saw an Elephant in the undergrowth, but it was so quick no-one managed to get a photo. It's amazing how well an animal that size can hide. We also saw many different birds and some red lechwe bounding through the shallow water which was cool.

Got back to island and packed up our stuff onto the mokoro's and leisurely made our way back to the mokoro station where we transferred onto the speedboats and went back to camp. Got back Guma Lagoon for lunch with freshly made bread. Yum. Put up our tents and sat around on the deck for a few hours.

Had chicken 'boom' chakalaka for dinner and afterwards, Nat and I hosted a pub quiz for the whole group, whilst helping ourselves to a few glasses of wine.

During the night, an excited Natalie woke me up to inform me that our lives were in danger as there were hippos roaming around just outside our tent. When the noise subsided, we looked through our tent window, but they were nowhere to be seen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb