Day 9. Kasane.


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Kasane
August 26th 2012
Published: August 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So we had a 2 nite sleep, a day to rest well sort of. We woke up and decided to visit Chobe National Park. It is dry, like desert dry and super hot (24 degrees at 9:30). So we decided to drive along the water front where it is greener and way more animals. We saw huge herds of buffalo and elephant, a few kudu, impala and 1 crazy zebra. we had brunch at the Sedudu picnic site. Nana you were missed here, it was a magnificent spot on the river. After lunch we headed back the the campsite to swim and do some washing. At 3 pm we boarded a cruising boat for a guided trip down the Chobe river. Despite the size of the boat we got extraordinarily close to elephant, hippo, buffalo and crocodile. The guide was excellent and full of information. We watched a Darter (water bird) try and swallow a fish that was way too big. They say that 'there is nothing like a sunset in the African sky' and I fully agree with that. While on the boat we watched the sun go down with trees and a herd of elephant in the background. Nothing quite as special as that. We got back to the camp and had roast chicken for supper. That's right roast chicken that was juicy and tender. We sat around the fire and talked shit then headed to bed after a long day.
Dylan.
We apologize for no pictures as we are experiencing technical difficulties our technicians will tend to it soon. But keep on paying for your licenses, it's the right thing to do.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb