Bouncy, bouncy, ooh what a good time!


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Kasane
May 13th 2009
Published: June 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 23 (Wednesday, 13-May-09, NJJ & JRJ)

(JRJ) Brekkie and packed up by 8am. Went to the Delta Air office to see if we could get a refund. There were about 6 of us that paid by credit card and were charged about $20 more than the people that paid by cash. Natalie went storming into the office and laid down the law to the manager and accused him of stealing and that she would write to every overland company in Africa and warn them of their poor standard of service because it turned out that they wouldn't refund us any money! Never mind - at least we tried.

(NJJ) We were on the truck for most of the day. Stopped for lunch and toilet breaks on the roadside (literally had to pee behind a bush as had become the norm) and ended up with a thorn in my foot, ouch! Benji had to make a stop to sort out J's eye as he had something in it bless him. He had to have an eye bath to make him better. The roads were unbelievably bumpy, and the potholes were so bad that Benji drove off-road for much of the journey. Will passed aound a 100 trillion dollar Zimbabwean note for us to have a nosey at. Around 5.45pm we arrived at Chobe Safari Lodge in Kasane. The evening took the usual format and we went to bed around 9pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb