Overland Tour 2-3 of 35


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Chobe National Park
December 7th 2015
Published: January 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The first day of this trip was a free day in Vic Falls and the next was heading to Chobe National park in Botswana. Border formalities done we arrived at the park and headed out for a game drive after a quick lunch. We saw lots of cool animals including a bunch of elephants and lions! We saw a pride of about 9 that were lounging around in the shade with some cubs playing with each other. Cute! A big win for me since I still haven’t had my full of lions being that we only saw 5 in Etosha lol. Some dudes grabbed our stuff to set up a bush camp and we met them for dinner which included some marshmallows to roast over the fire. Yum! We were warned about the different colored eyes we may see if using the loo at night. Green means it’s a grazing animal, red is a predator. If you see red eyes that drop from waist high to real low, that’s probably the last thing you’ll see!!! Needless to say, ive had a fun encounter with a wild animal much larger than me and didn’t want to do it at night, so I stayed in my tent for the eve. In the am we went on another game drive and this time got to see even more lions! They found a dead elephant and just had their fill when we approached. These fat cats were again being super lazy in the shade, but this time you could see their full bellies and dirty mouths panting away from being overstuffed. Gluttons! Back to the big bus for a ride to Livingstone where we camped on the outskirts of town.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0823s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb